3 Easy Mexican Recipes You Can Try At Home
The fiesta has been kicking off the past few weeks with family and friends gathered in anticipation of this highly anticipated event. To help you get ready for Mexican food, we have compiled 3 easy Mexican recipes that you can cook at home! Here are the recipes:
Chile and Cheese Flautas
Chilean cheese flautas are a delicious and easy Mexican recipe you can try at home. The dough is made with just four ingredients and can be prepped and cooked in under 30 minutes. Serve them with your favorite salsa or guacamole for an easy and tasty meal.
- 1/2 pound Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 flour tortillas
- Oil for frying
In a medium skillet over medium heat, fry the onion and green pepper in oil until softened. Add the garlic powder and salt, and black pepper to taste. Then, stir in the cheese until melted.
Divide the cheese mixture among the 6 tortillas. Roll up each tortilla into a tight cylinder. Fry the flautas in hot oil until golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side). Drain on paper towels before serving.
- 1 lb. fresh tuna steak, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
In a large bowl, combine the tuna, onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. What you need to do next is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking dish. Arrange the tuna mixture in the dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tuna is cooked through. Serve hot!
Tuna tacos are a popular Mexican dish that can be made at home in just a few minutes. They are very simple to make and can be enjoyed as an appetizer or main course. The best part is that they are very versatile, so you can change the ingredients to suit your own taste. Here are some easy tuna tacos recipes you can try:
- Tuna Tacos with Avocado Slaw: These tacos are topped with a delicious avocado slaw mix and seasoned tuna. They are simple to make and require just a few minutes of preparation time.
- Tuna Tacos with Spicy Salsa: For these tacos, you’ll need salsa prepared with spices like cayenne pepper, chili powder, and garlic. The peppers add a bit of heat to the salsa, which pairs perfectly with the tuna filling.
- Tuna Tacos with Grilled Vegetables: These tacos feature grilled vegetables like bell peppers and onions, which add flavor and texture to the taco shells. You’ll also need some precooked fish for this recipe, so it’s ready in just a few minutes.
- Tuna Tacos with Pineapple Salsa: In this version of tuna tacos, the salsa is made with pineapple pieces instead of tomatoes. The sweetness of the pineapple balances well against the salty flavors in the salsa mix, making for an excellent variation on this classic dish.
Guacamole is a simple and easy dish to make at home. Prepping ingredients for guacamole is as easy as chopping up some onions and tomatoes, but the key to great guacamole is using high-quality ingredients. If you can find a good quality avocado, then all you need are some other basic ingredients.
If you’re in the mood for a guacamole that’s simple and delicious, this recipe is perfect for you. All you need is some fresh ingredients, a blender, and about 30 minutes of your time.
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and black pepper to taste
Start by prepping your ingredients. Cut the avocados into small pieces and dice the red onion. Chop up the jalapeno pepper into small pieces too. Then, mix all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste before serving.
Are You Ready to Try These Easy Mexican Food Recipes?
These recipes are perfect for any Mexican-food lover looking to cook at home. Whether you’re new to the cuisine or just want some easy and healthy recipes, these recipes will have you enjoying Mexican food like a pro in no time. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!